Six sessions, with a range of interesting exercises and resources, all structured to help you discover what kind of work would be ideal for you. This programme can be beneficial if you are looking for a holistic review of your career to help you decide whether to focus on re-engaging with your existing job or to make the transition elsewhere.
Who it's for
• Those looking to take stock of their career because:
- Feeling that just “drifting” in current workplace
- Sense that possibly in wrong career or that skills and talents are being wasted.
- Job lacks challenge and excitement.
- Promotional and/or development opportunities are limited/ feeling “stuck”
- Thinking of being your own boss
• Those looking to return to work after a career break
• Job loss / redundancy support
• Pre-retirement support: helping to facilitate the change from working life to retirement
How it works
Our approach essentially consists of answering three questions:
• Who am I? Diagnostic process to increase your self-awareness and help you answer questions about yourself, supported with exercises for you to complete in between coaching sessions evaluating your career history, what motivates you, your skills, interests, achievements and values. Where appropriate we will use psychometric assessments, such as Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) or the Strong Interest Inventory.
• What do I want to do? Step one should help lead to increased self awareness, clarity of focus and a plan for achieving your career goals, based on both realism and personal objectives.
• How do I find it? In times of recession it’s even more important to be effective in your job search. We focus on action planning and implementing an effective job search strategy covering practical steps to help you get noticed by employers. Includes cv and covering letter preparation, preparing an “elevator pitch”, developing your network and interview coaching.
• Six face-to-face sessions of 90 mins each
• E-mail and telephone support between sessions
• Psychometric profiling where appropriate (additional charge for reports)
Career Transition for Lawyers Other Programmes